Thursday, November 28, 2013

Praying with Evangelii Gaudium







What...am...I...Doing???
I have 17 days to put together 2 small paper, one larger one, and to edit one 35 pager that has been the central part of my life for the past year.  I DON'T HAVE TIME TO START A NEW BLOG!!

and yet...

Here I am. Ready to answer some questions:

Why are you here?

I wouldn't be able to explain it all  in one single blog entry.
And yet here I am explaining it all in one paragraph of a blog entry: It's a combination of excitement over the season of Advent that's upon us, and inspiring papal documents that I want to process more perfectly, and awesome people like my Theobud Lauren that really all come together to remind me...there's lots of work to do. I'm not sure if I'm the one to do it, but tonight. I feel like I'm called to it.

 So what is it that you want to do here?

 Your guess is as good as mine!

No really...WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

  ...

I will slap you with this trout  if you do not answer this ques...

  Alright alright.
jeez...a trout...where'd you get that? Never mind...
 To answer your question... I really like papal documents. I like them all. They seem to capture something amazingly prayerful about our Church that many in this world is clueless about, but that we Catholics ought  to celebrate on a daily basis.  But we don't celebrate them that often. In fact we generally ignore them. I'd like to do something about that.

Oh, and what do you intend to do about it Mr. Nobody

  What I do best, Mr hostile reporter:  Pray. It's what every Jesuit does quite well! When we want to prepare for an event or an exam or anything that life has to offer...very often, we pray.  You know, MC Hammer was right: you DO Have to Pray, just to make it today.

 And so I intend to pray the documents. I say documents plural. I'll do my best to go through more than one. Especially when new ones come out, I'll try to tackle them, one paragraph at the time. It will take a long time.  In the Case of Francis' encyclical,  there are 286 'sections' or 'points'. At the rate of two points, every second day or so... It should  take me...a very long time. He'll probably come out with his next document by the time I'm done here...even before I'm done!

 But that's what praying with the document entails.

 So Dude, tell me, what's the point of doing this?

I'm doing this for myself, and whoever is interested in reading and commenting.
I'm doing this so I can understand more prayerfully these documents that are already very prayerful to begin with.
I'm doing this, because our Universal Church needs to appropriate for itself these important documents.
Thousand of people around the world are now talking about Pope Francis and his vision.
I want his vision to influence my prayer.
Above all... I'm doing this because I want to get closer to Jesus.
I'm tired of being someone who follows Jesus from a far, from the comfort of my own little bubble.
Intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, and physically, I want every ounce of my life to belong to God.
It wont be easy, but this is a step in that direction!

You sure you're up to this? You won't give up in the middle like so many other things you undertake!? 
  Oddly enough, that's a possibility. I might give up.  But right at this moment...I'm not feeling this is an option. I'm just feeling joy. Shouldn't I just go with that???
...
 No more questions then?

Just a statement: You're crazy.

  Crazy for God. Yup, absolutely.

I'll begin this crazy journey on the First Sunday of Advent: December 1st, 2013.

 As Pope Francis says: Pray for me. I need it!






No comments:

Post a Comment